Arc is the lead shopper and retail agency within Publicis Groupe. In an era of unprecedented disruption, where the customers you seek actively resist brands like never before, everything we do is in service of making your brand irresistible. We call it Irresistible Commerce. And it starts by employing insights and data to uncover what’s standing in the way of growth. Then we deploy irresistible creative solutions to build connected shopping experiences that are personal, valuable and delightful for your customers. The results simultaneously drive brand sales and love. Helping us become WARC’s #1 Specialty Retail Agency with groundbreaking work recognized by Adweek, ANA Reggie Awards and Effies.
The Strategist, Commerce Experience is responsible for supporting allocated client accounts towards stated client and company objectives. He/She will be accountable to support the development of commerce plans for the client and work with their manager, client and internal stakeholders across disciplines to develop comprehensive commerce strategies and activation plans across traditional shopper (in store) and eCommerce.
He/She will be helping our clients to understand the complex commerce landscape, inclusive of retail media networks and third-party partners, to help inform which channels can best be used to drive shoppers to both virtual and physical shelves across a variety of different retailers.
The Strategist, Commerce Experience will have three main responsibilities within the successful planning and implementation of commerce strategies for client brands:
· Shopper insights & planning – help to identify shopper behaviors, media consumption and affinity, channel insights, etc.
· Experience mapping – path to purchase journey mapping, vendor partnerships for consideration and creative messaging strategy by medium
· Commerce strategy, execution & measurement – including distinct strategies by retailer, coordinating and facilitating vendor RFPs, support analytics and measurement / optimization and coordinating initiatives with the partner agencies
The strategist will work to create innovative ideas that bridge web, mobile, email, creative, search, in-store and digital media to provide solutions to clients that are based on a shopper insight and in context of overall commerce marketing strategies. The role demands a love of the new, a passion for commerce, digital trends and technologies and an understanding of shoppers, the client category and the brands.
The candidate will also partner closely with the agency’s business leadership, planning, creative and technology teams in addition to their media colleagues within the group.
· 2 – 4 years experience planning / executing commerce media (inclusive of retail media networks, third party digital or in store)
· Good understanding of shopper marketing and eCommerce – have worked on either client side or at an agency where they developed shopper insights, worked with shopper media, shopper specific programs
· Experience in commerce planning with an emphasis on / interest in commerce media (eg; Walmart Connect, Roundel, Kroger Precision Marketing, Amazon Advertising, Ibotta, etc.)
· Worked with (if on the agency side) or for (if on the client / retailer side) top global retailers creating retailer specific programs in various channels (food, drug, mass, etc.)
· eCommerce understanding – have worked on eCommerce programs for clients to drive online sales (through media and / or eContent)
· Strong writing skills and experience putting together strategic POV’s in the shopper space
· Strong presentation and leadership skills
· CPG experience
TRAITS/STYLE THAT WILL HELP PERSON BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
· This person MUST be a creator and self-starter who thrives off of building things
· Collaborative (Need to have strong relationship skills – a go getter who can build bridges across the Groupe and inspire both clients and internal teams)
· Passionate and Curious
· Confident (Not afraid to voice an opinion / POV)
· Leadership and Organization (Be able to lead a meeting internally, and good organization and time management skills)
· Storyteller (For presentations and white papers – this person needs to be able to write and tell stories with data that inspire)
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
· Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
· Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
· Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
· Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
· Tuition Assistance
· Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
· Matching Gifts programs
· Flexible working arrangements
· ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
· Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
· The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents
Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.